Friday, November 30, 2012

Lost in Communcation

I want a baby.
He wants to wait.

Its a classic battle of the sexes. And its okay. Eventually it gets worked out, because couples who want to last take time to communicate.

But I need to rant.

Every day I get on my facebook and see that my friends who are generally single mothers, or under the poverty line, or just not prepared to have a child are posting photos of their beautiful babies.

If these people, some of which I question their ability to function in society, can have a baby and survive the financial aspects then why can't we?

My intent is not to be mean, I'm just frustrated. I have seen people turn their lives completely around to accommodate their newborns and become amazing people because of it.

Why do we need to be pulling in $90k a year to have a baby?
We have a 2 bedroom apartment, a super comfortable life style, 2 jobs- are more prerequisites really necessary?

His need to be financially secure to such an extent is completely understandable. I get it.

My heart just disagrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!