Its been over a month since my good friend from Australia left here to go home.
And I can't believe how much I miss her.
I haven't really written about her trip here... mostly because I'm still processing it and part of me was being selfish. I didn't want to share her- or our experience.
Now that there's been some time and I have reflected, I feel like its time for me to share the incredible experience that was spending time with Emma.
Before her arrival there were nerves, excitement, feeling unsure of what would happen.
That moment when we met in the airport... was like something out of a god damn movie. She broke down in tears, I hugged her as tightly as I could. People around us were completely unsure of what was going on between these two women standing and crying in the airport. It was the meeting I expected- I expected it to be kind of awkward. It wasn't. Not at all. It was like welcoming a sister I hadn't seen in a long time, but picking up right where we left off. I'm not someone who believes in anything but the beautiful chaos of the universe, but there was and is something there between Emma and I. A sisterhood that knows no distance from the United States to Australia.
The jet lag was a little hard on both of us, but we worked it out of course. We drank wine, and were all around pretty merry.
Prior to her arrival I thought we would spend every day talking about our little ones and crying. As we sat in silence or sharing stories of just our lives I realized that our connection went beyond just the shared experience of miscarriage. Even having lived on separate continents we shared much more.
Sure, there's more I would have liked to talk to her or confide in her about, but really it was perfect just the way it all was. We laughed, cried, and just enjoyed each other's company.
I miss her. I miss Emma a lot.
Right now I'm going through a lot and wish she was still here so I could have a confidant who knows exactly how I'm feeling. Dave gets so much dropped on him with no way to cope with it. I feel horrible.
I wish Emma was still here, I miss her.
And I can't believe how much I miss her.
I haven't really written about her trip here... mostly because I'm still processing it and part of me was being selfish. I didn't want to share her- or our experience.
Now that there's been some time and I have reflected, I feel like its time for me to share the incredible experience that was spending time with Emma.
Before her arrival there were nerves, excitement, feeling unsure of what would happen.
That moment when we met in the airport... was like something out of a god damn movie. She broke down in tears, I hugged her as tightly as I could. People around us were completely unsure of what was going on between these two women standing and crying in the airport. It was the meeting I expected- I expected it to be kind of awkward. It wasn't. Not at all. It was like welcoming a sister I hadn't seen in a long time, but picking up right where we left off. I'm not someone who believes in anything but the beautiful chaos of the universe, but there was and is something there between Emma and I. A sisterhood that knows no distance from the United States to Australia.
The jet lag was a little hard on both of us, but we worked it out of course. We drank wine, and were all around pretty merry.
Prior to her arrival I thought we would spend every day talking about our little ones and crying. As we sat in silence or sharing stories of just our lives I realized that our connection went beyond just the shared experience of miscarriage. Even having lived on separate continents we shared much more.
Sure, there's more I would have liked to talk to her or confide in her about, but really it was perfect just the way it all was. We laughed, cried, and just enjoyed each other's company.
I miss her. I miss Emma a lot.
Right now I'm going through a lot and wish she was still here so I could have a confidant who knows exactly how I'm feeling. Dave gets so much dropped on him with no way to cope with it. I feel horrible.
I wish Emma was still here, I miss her.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments and feedback are important to me!