Thursday, September 19, 2013

Living Nightmare

This past week of pregnancy has been a living nightmare. I know it could be worse, but after everything going so smoothly thus far it has been a shock.

On Tuesday night I went into premature labor after being on my feet for 13 hours. I was having contractions every few minutes at perfect intervals. It was terrifying. Luckily with water, putting my feet up (literally), and breathing relaxation exercises things slowly got better over the next 12 hours. It was scary to hear "there's nothing we can do but wait" from the nurses in Labor and Delivery. I was sure we'd be saying goodbye to our Stitch that night.

Things got better slowly and contractions stopped by Wednesday afternoon.

Since then we have been using our home doppler to check Stitch's heart rate every day. It ranges from 140 when the baby is sleeping to 180 if I've eaten sugar. Stitch seems healthy and doing just fine even with our traumatic few days.

This morning I started having heart palpitations. They haven't stopped since then. Right now it feels like there is a hamster running around in my chest. Its pretty uncomfortable. I wouldn't call it pain though. Kind of like I've been doing sprints and can't seem to get enough air.

Thankfully, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will get checked out. Hoping for a clean bill of health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!