Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Something changed?

Not for me, but for my significant other.
Today we were out and saw the tiniest baby I have ever seen in public. My reaction was, "aw cute!" and then I looked at Dave who had a look on his face that I had never seen before.
I'm not sure if it was shock or awe or unadulterated love but I was taken aback.
He couldn't seem to get over how tiny the baby was and talked about how he wanted to hold her so badly.
I've never heard him speak in such candid terms about wanting to interact with a baby.
Even after we left the store and had moved on he said in jest "I wanted to steal her and take her home!"
Dave has always told me he wants to have kids someday, but today it feels like something changed in him. Maybe the "I want to wait a few more years" has changed to "I want to wait the year and a half to our wedding".

We'll see. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!