A new year has come. Hello 2015.
2014 saw the birth of my beautiful daughter and a new stage of healing. Becoming a parent to an earthly child has been a transformation that I would never have imagined. She has tried my patients to the end of the earth, and has shown me love knows no limits.
Watching my daughter grow in a way I could never see my little ones change has been at times the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced- wondering if they would be at the same stages of development or what their individual quirks would be.
It has also been incredibly healing. Knowing that I am competent as a caregiver to a child and that she can thrive under my care, that if my little ones had come into this world at full term that I could have given them what they needed.
I have also come to terms with my depression and got the help I really needed after years of denying medication over and over, and not ever giving it a chance to work. My post partum depression forced me to swallow my pride and get help so that I could be the best for my daughter.
This New Year is another new stage of healing- Continuing to love my daughter and grow and heal. I can't wait to see what this New Year brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments and feedback are important to me!