Monday, April 29, 2013

Rainbow on the Horizon?

D and I have decided to start taking the first steps to having our rainbow baby.

I'm taking prenatal vitamins, off my birth control, and no longer drinking hard alcohol. I've also lost quite a bit of weight and am much healthier than I was at the beginning of the year.

After a weekend with my MiL and being told some pretty hurtful (by her ignorance) things, D and I came to the conclusion that when we start trying is ultimately OUR decision and we need to stop letting other people dictate these things. I had told D that whenever he was ready to start trying for a rainbow to tell me, because I was already ready. Saturday night he said he was ready. We're both scared out of our minds for a lot of reasons, but it really does feel right. We are in a place where we can make it work. There's never a 'perfect' time, but right now is a 'good' time.

We're both scared. I'm not sure how we will survive more loss but somehow, together, we will get through whatever comes our way.

So start sending baby dust our way, and we'll be getting to practicing the baby making dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!