Here's a picture of me before my first loss. I was a child myself really- 17 years old without a real care in the world. I had been with my SO for almost a year at the point in which this photo was taken. We were getting ready to go to a high school dance...
I was just a child myself when I discovered the painful world of losing a pregnancy. It forced me to grow up so fast and drag my SO along with me.
I miss the girl in the picture- she was athletic, funny, and really didn't have anything to worry about. She wanted to be a mom someday, but had a plan of how her life would go from high school graduation to retirement.
My dreams have since changed.
I'm not in nursing school, not in Montana, and getting married much earlier than young me would have ever accepted.
When asked how many children I want, my response is 'two healthy pregnancies would be wonderful"
The boy in that picture is now the man I'm giving my life to without a single regret.
The girl in the picture didn't realize that babies could die... especially not her own.

Hugs to you dear. <3 Jaime
ReplyDelete