Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Strawberries

Last night I had a horrific nightmare about having a baby that was born still.
---
I can remember the pain of the contractions and the sense of something horribly wrong about to occur.

Then the baby...
 Extremely pale, lips blue.
She was tragically beautiful.
Each finger perfect, each toe perfect as well.
But no life in her. No flame.
It was horrible.
Her skin was so soft, her blonde curls perfect against her head.
She looked like she was sleeping peacefully.

David whispered the name Samantha. I smiled and whispered Samantha. I held her close to me. David held her little perfect hand.

They took my baby away from me after letting David hold her for a little while. They took her... there was no explanation just that they had to take her.

Food was brought to me... I wasn't hungry but David told me to eat. I pulled the cover off the tray and there were some strawberries. The strawberries caused me to start but I recovered myself....
---
This morning I woke up and cried a little bit... and when I opened my fridge I noticed strawberries and little Samantha came rushing back. I feel like I've had a child rip from my arms...

I can't shake this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!