Saturday, October 10, 2009

Today's Walk

Today's walk was fantastic! A little chilly but a great Walk none the less.
Kim took over 250 photos (all up on the official site) and most of them turned out beautifully.
I got a little bit of closure for Daniel and feel like I've come to complete closure for my twins. I miss my angel twins a lot but I feel like they're in a safe place now. I miss Daniel still so much, and I don't know if closure will be remotely possible until at least after his due date in February.
Judy (in charge of the Walk) was amazingly supportive through it all. At the end of the Walk Judy gave me a Comfort Cub.
Comfort Cub's are 5 pound teddy bears given to grieving parents. There's something about their weight that is unbelievably comforting. I took a nap with mine today, and had it laying on my chest. The comfort of that weight, and the sensation that it was my Daniel there instead of a teddy bear was so incredible.
Thank you Judy for giving me this comfort.
Can't wait for next year's walk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!