More adults suffer from mental illness then is reported.
I'm one of them.
Its hereditary and also the result of previous trauma.
It doesn't make me someone to be avoided, I'm not contagious. I can't give you my anxiety or depression. Even if I wish I could fight it like a virus.
The chemistry of hormones and chemicals within my body are messed up.
I can't just "cheer up" or "stop panicking".
Mental health care in the US is atrocious- thanks for that Reagan.
Its stigmatized and shunned. To have problems beyond your control that are not visible to the naked eye makes you broken goods, or unstable.
I am broken. Broken by the lack of help I can recieve.
I was told to accept the loss of my LO's as my fault by a mental health "professional". I've been told that if I think I need help than I probably don't because I recognize my problems.
That isn't how it works...
I've debated medicating through my doctor, but have thus far resisted on the grounds of wanting to get pregnant. I have absolutely nothing against being medicated through the advice of my doctor.
At this point I just need to talk it out and hope things get better through diet and exercise... maybe.
I'm one of them.
Its hereditary and also the result of previous trauma.
It doesn't make me someone to be avoided, I'm not contagious. I can't give you my anxiety or depression. Even if I wish I could fight it like a virus.
The chemistry of hormones and chemicals within my body are messed up.
I can't just "cheer up" or "stop panicking".
Mental health care in the US is atrocious- thanks for that Reagan.
Its stigmatized and shunned. To have problems beyond your control that are not visible to the naked eye makes you broken goods, or unstable.
I am broken. Broken by the lack of help I can recieve.
I was told to accept the loss of my LO's as my fault by a mental health "professional". I've been told that if I think I need help than I probably don't because I recognize my problems.
That isn't how it works...
I've debated medicating through my doctor, but have thus far resisted on the grounds of wanting to get pregnant. I have absolutely nothing against being medicated through the advice of my doctor.
At this point I just need to talk it out and hope things get better through diet and exercise... maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments and feedback are important to me!