Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lily

There's a very special little girl named Lily.
She's never taken a step in this world, nor said a spoken world, but she's been one of the biggest influences in my life.
Because of her short, but powerful existence on this earth I was able to find a friend, half a world away.
Lily's mother is not just a friend, but a sister, a mentor, and a hero.
The woman who carried Lily for the shortest time is one of the strongest women I know.
She loves and cares without reserve.
Gives without questioning the cost.
And is willing to reach out to a stranger half a world away.
Lily herself is special to me in other ways too.
I find comfort in believing that she is an older sister to my angels in heaven also.
That she helps Kylie when I, as her mommy on earth, cannot.
Lily has been an angel for 5 years this month.
Not a day goes by I don't think of her, and thank her.
Thank her for giving me such an amazing opportunity to meet her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are important to me!