After we lost Daniel we got a kitten. She wasn't a replacement but... a living thing to put our energy into since we couldn't give it to Daniel. Our kitten, Narissa, was probably the best cat I've ever had, and probably ever have. When Narissa passed away in May it hurt almost as much as losing Daniel for me. She had become my baby, my everything.
We've now reached a point where we would like a new companion animal to put our energy's into and have decided on a sugar glider. Mind you we wanted another cat or a dog but our apartment has its restrictions.
I really do believe in the healing powers of animals, and the love and comfort they can bring after a loss. I'm not saying they replace your child or loved one in any way (that's never possible) but that they are able to give you the comfort that you can't always get from another human being. Animals act on that sense that humans often wont. People are often uncomfortable with and shy away from a grieving person, animals will go try to figure out whats wrong, and just sit with you a lot of the time. Animals are just so amazing in that way I guess...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments and feedback are important to me!