Okay, I'm going to go in to some uncharted territory on this blog but I really need to... so you've been warned.
Is there a time table to when I should start enjoying sex again? Its been almost a year since we lost Daniel and I find myself still feeling unbelievably guilty when having sex. Part of me says its because I feel like I need to be punished for failing to take care of Daniel, and part of me says its because I'm so afraid of getting pregnant again.
Not having sex is so hard on my relationship, and honestly a huge part of my relationship is based around the ability for me to perform in the bedroom on a fairly regular basis. This isn't because D is sex crazed or anything, but our relationship needs its physical aspect in balance with everything else. Everything needs to stay balanced... and since I'm not even balanced in my head how can I expect myself to keep my relationship perfectly balanced?
I hate that when I do feel "turned on" or ready for sex that I suddenly over think and become afraid that I'm going to be done and ready to do something else before he's done too. There is nothing that makes me feel worse than not satisfying D.
I gained weight after I lost Daniel and it has made me really self consious about my body, and of course when having sex everything is out there for D to see. Its horrible to look down at myself and see what I hate most in this world: my belly. Its horrible, ugly and jiggly and blegh. I hate it. I know people are probably thinking "oh go work out and get over yourself, if you hate yourself that much you can change it"... thanks for the support... anyways I do work out as much as I can bring myself too and I try to eat better than I used to. Its hard... The motivation to better myself isn't there when I hate myself so bloody much...
thinking of you... so sorry :(
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you're having this trouble, R and I were together for a year before we had sex- I'd only lost Lily 6 months before I began dating him. I felt so bad for the firs few times we did it, but he knew that I was scared and he totally understood. David should try to understand that sex is a difficult area. If you just sy what you are feeling to him, he should understand. I hope you're using contraceptives. It will help ease some of the worry. You can always stop using them when you've moved over this hurdle and begin to try for another baby- when the time is right... xxxxx E
ReplyDelete